The Network Modernization initiative is creating the next generation of payment processing network, a flexible, scalable, innovative platform that will ensure American Express continues to compete as a premier payments brand in the new decade and beyond. The Data Strategy team, as part of the Network Modernization program, is responsible for the Network Data strategy and transform how data supports our payment products and services and is creating new ways of offering innovative data insights to our Network customers.
As a Senior Product Owner, in the Data Strategy team, you’ll help drive the Network Data strategy/roadmap and lead the delivery of data capabilities based on the roadmap. You’ll collaborate closely with the Network Product and Technology teams to envision the features and capabilities, bring data solutions to market and partner with stakeholder businesses across American Express to execute strategies that ultimately drive customer value and new Network opportunities.
This business-facing role requires a candidate with strong data management background who understands data, how to ingest data, proper use/consumption, data quality, and stewardship and data insights/analytics
- Work collaboratively across various groups, including Network, Acquiring and Issuing Businesses, Marketing, Technologies and Compliance, to strategize and deliver Data capabilities on the new Network
- Define and maintain Data product roadmap and collaborate with the Engineering/delivery teams to deliver capabilities through program increments (PIs)
- Help define use cases for leveraging network data and articulate business value and benefit realization
- Lead the envisioning for Data capabilities partnering with business and technical architects, subject matter expert and product owners to create capabilities and features
- Work with product owners and scrum teams to help groom the backlog, prioritize and accountable for the delivery of features/capabilities through program increment delivery, ensuring quality and predictability
- Supports Scaled agile delivery framework and champions Network Modernization program objectives and key results
- Work in a team of high-performing product professionals in a very collaborative environment
- Proven experience as a product owner/product manager preferably with data management, data governance and/or related domain as well as working in a Payment industry with familiarity with B2B and Network products is desired
- Experience in working in building large scale, high performance data solutions preferred
- Experience in delivering in a large scale, sophisticated projects/programs with multiple partners and priorities
- Experience with collaborative project management methodologies; Agile preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical-thinking skills, strong business insight and the proven ability to effectively articulate business goals required
- Strong facilitation/presentation abilities and experience presenting to senior leadership
- Experience in leading engineering teams in open source stack including Cassandra, Elastic Search, Spark is desired
- Location: 18850 N. 56th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85054 or 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 17, 2020, 9:53:42 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.