American Express has been in existence for 160 years servicing its customers with integrity, trust, security, and quality. Today, these attributes still form the foundation of our American Express brand. Global Services Group (GSG) is responsible for the end-to-end management of credit, collections, and fraud operations. The primary focus is to protect American Express’ receivable assets, while delivering on our customer commitment. Commercial Underwriting is one of the business units within Credit Operations which serves as a vital component of GSG. This team works to develop spend enablement, or limit exposure through effective risk mitigation, to prevent spending that will not be paid back – while building upon the customer’s relationship with American Express.
Commercial Underwriting Credit Analyst is responsible for conducting in-depth credit risk analysis for small and mid-sized business customers who have high credit exposure or request high spending capacity. Credit analysis will include, but not limited to financial statement (business and personal) reviews, wide range of business models and US Industry risk assessment, coupled with support from internal and external model outputs to reach sound credit decisions.
- 1+ years of commercial/business lending experience
- Excellent business and personal financial statement analysis skills and also familiar with financial risk scoring models
- Ability to interpret commercial and consumer bureau reports is a must
- Working knowledge of Moody’s Risk Analyst and risk rating capability
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations, credit line decisions and process and the need to be compliant with internal and external guidelines and rules
- The applicant needs to be an analytical thinker, problem solver and decision maker
- The successful applicant is results oriented, demonstrates enthusiasm, resilience under stress, and a will to win attitude
- The Candidate should show desire to take on additional tasks, and have flexibility in work assignments based on business needs
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced centralized commercial underwriting environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective oral/written communication skills with business partners and customers
- Displays highest level of integrity when dealing with customers/colleagues and processes
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills are a must
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 22, 2020, 2:30:44 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.