Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Reporting to the Vice President of Cyber Intelligence and Incident Response – the Cyber Threat Intelligence team develops scalable programs that deliver timely, actionable insight and recommendations to key stakeholders. The successful candidate will lead a team responsible for gathering, analyzing and disseminating actionable intelligence for informed decision making across corporate strategy, cybersecurity risk management and product planning as well as cyber defenses.
- Provide timely and actionable threat intelligence in line with the business objectives of American Express
- Provide regular written and verbal threat briefings and presentations to senior executives
- Develop and implement a proactive program to improve intelligence gathering, analysis and dissemination
- Work in close collaboration with peers in the cybersecurity organization to accelerate the ability to uncover and track advanced cyber threats
- Adopt and institutionalize standard threat analysis and assessment models
- Significant integration with Technology Risk and Information Security peers as well as the larger Technology organization as well as other American Express Business Units to ensure operational capabilities are aligned to the threat environment
- Demonstrated experience leading physically distributed teams
- Demonstrated experience in driving innovative approached to threat intelligence
- In-depth understanding of the threats affecting the financial sector
- Understanding of intelligence-driven approaches to computer network defense
- Deep understanding of the talent needed to successfully deliver a world class function
- Experience working across multiple lines of business in a corporate function
- Executive presence, strong ability to communicate upwards and to peers
- Direct Intelligence Community (IC) experience, IC cleared
- Strong experience working with threat intelligence sharing communities
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role in a large mission critical environment with a background in the following:
- In-depth understanding of adversary tools, tactics and procedures
- Expert level understanding of network intrusion analysis, TCP/IP and other networking protocols
- Deep understanding of computer network defense and associated tools
- Demonstrated expertise in threat modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management or Technology related fields
- Master’s Degree a major plus
Desired Leadership Characteristics:
- Calm and decisive under pressure. Natural operational leadership in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize actions for the benefit of the organization to remain focused on most critical issues
- Initiative and energy to go beyond minimum requirements of effort and activity; a bias for action and for getting things done
- Experience in developing high performing talent
- Proven ability in extending and maintaining strong relationships in a complex multi-national corporation
- Ability to translate technical cyber security concepts to non-technical business leaders
- Strong problem solver with the ability to use analytical methods to affect change
- Effective organizational skills (including attention to detail) along with the ability to collaborate and influence in a matrix environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 22, 2020, 6:26:43 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.