Amex Digital Labs is responsible for catalyzing digital innovation at American Express by originating, incubating and managing emerging products and platforms that can be essential to our customers’ digital lives. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation. Focus areas include creating industry-leading digital payment solutions, using our first-class servicing network and lifestyle assets to create digital experiences, and defining new products and services based on emerging technologies and trends.
Amex Digital Labs is looking for a full-time UX Researcher based in New York. The ideal candidate is an experienced, skillful researcher who
Approaches digital product development with a user-centered design perspective
Can act in a consultative capacity to identify and commission the correct research methodologies to match insight needs
Is comfortable with a fast-paced environment—more like to a start-up within a corporate company—and proactively originate solutions to day-to-day challenges
Has experience conducting in-depth user studies with a variety of methodologies
Represents Digital Labs’ needs when working with Amex’s research vendors
Is tirelessly committed to turning insights into actionable recommendations for digital product owners and internal designers
Can manage internal stakeholders and external vendor partners effectively to deliver multiple projects at pace and scale
Is experienced working across markets and time zones in a specialist team inside a large, matrix-driven organization
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study, e.g. Human Computer Interaction or similar
- 3-5+ years interactive/digital experience, preferably working across markets
- Proven ability to drive results while managing multiple projects and deliverables to tight timelines
- High degree of comfort/competence working independently on assigned projects, whilst being part of a larger specialist team
- Client-side experience in identifying research needs, commissioning the right methodologies to meet those needs, and briefing those in to a vendor on behalf of the business
- Experience developing products iteratively, working in an Agile environment
- Expert knowledge of a range of qualitative methodologies and tools, including usability testing, remote testing (using UserZoom or Qualtrics), focus groups, card sorting and co-creation, etc
- A full understanding of how quantitative research methods (A/B, MVT testing) work together with qualitative ones to provide more robust insights
- Excellent project management skills—including highly organized, yet flexible approach to work, where priorities may shift at short notice
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, and the ability to work enthusiastically with people outside of the immediate team to drive consensus and results
- Exceptional presentation skills and experience communicating research findings to a large number of stakeholders in a persuasive and engaging way
- Comfortable with technology and using it to facilitate virtual meetings and collaboration
At the core of UX research.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Iterative Product Design, Planning, and Development
- Design Thinking
- Research Methods & Industry Trends
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 21, 2020, 12:44:59 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.