You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience with Java/J2EE Technologies
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Design, code, and implement highly scalable and reliable applications.
- Coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary.
- Deliver on all phases of development work from initial kick-off, technical setup, application development, and support.
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Perform ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Work with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Quickly generate and update proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Java 8 & above, J2EE, REST APIs, SQL
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- DevOPs and test-driven development
- Concepts of Oracle, NoSql
- GoF design patterns
- Micro-services design patterns
- Event driven programming (Kafka, Solace, MQ clusters)
- Source Control
- Jenkins, Maven, XLR, JMeter
- Knowledge of Containerization concepts, Orchestration concepts
- Familiar with Open Source technologies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2020, 9:16:07 PM