About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
The Powerful Backing™ of American Express.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
• Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
• Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
• Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
• Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
• Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
• Mentor other engineers
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
• Understand the business needs and design high quality software applications in timely manner to fulfill those needs
• Identify and adopt new technologies to solve existing business needs and predict future challenges.
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
• Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
• 10+ years of software development experience with Tableau or any other BI tool
• Minimum 5+ years of software development experience with Tableau
• Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
• Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
• Test highly scalable and reliable applications.
• Coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary.
• Deliver on all phases of development work from initial kick-off, technical setup, application development, and support.
• Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
• Perform ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
• Work with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
• Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
• Quickly generate and update proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
• Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
Bachelor’s Degree in CS or CSE or Equivalent
• Strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
• Ability to interpret technical /business objectives and challenges
• Agile Methodologies
• Software development
• Designing High Availability applications
• Product Engineering Knowledge
• Platform engineering knowledge
• Analysis & Development using Tableau
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 11, 2020, 12:41:29 PM