This position will be responsible for fraud controls, end-to-end for a transactional banking product. This includes all pieces of the fraud process, including platform requirements, vendor selection, feature generation, rules, procedure and recovery.
The successful applicant will need to have both a deep expertise in banking fraud as well as be a proven executive and thought leader.
Fraud Risk Oversight
●Create & own fraud management framework to oversee Fraud loss KPIs
●Develop and manage analytics to identify and monitor fraud trends
●Implement strategies to minimize fraud while retaining excellent customer experience
●As we roll out new features, define requirements to ensure product compliance
Fraud Policy and Strategy Development
●Develop the Fraud strategy foundation and spearhead analyses to inform management and influence boarder org fraud policies
●Track, communicate and draw insights from the performance of ongoing initiatives & be on top of all fraud KPIs through intensive monitoring
Governance & Escalation
●Develop internal policies, procedures, and communications, as needed, to govern and execute fraud strategies.
●Own internal and external Fraud reporting, including to senior management
●Responsible for responding to and resolving fraud attacks in real-time basis
●Build strong relationships with stakeholders across Operations, Engineering and Product among others to turn insights into action
●Develop and manage business routines that continuously incorporate analytics and strategies into operational execution
- 8+ years of banking and/or lending experience, across the fraud life cycle, preferably within a regulated banking instruction
- Experience managing fraud risk with Check/ACH fraud in checking bank accounts.
- Deep domain experience in asset & liability banking products (experience in fraud modeling & data management is a plus)
- Experience building, leading and managing a team focused on Fraud management discipline/function
- Proven track record of developing robust and insightful communications suitable for senior management, our regulators and the Board
- Direct experience working with cross-functional internal teams and external vendors to implement strategies and drive results
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in risk management, especially deposit & operational risk (Masters in Science, engineering/tech, math/stats or MBA degree a plus)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2020, 4:39:06 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.