About Network Strategy & Operations
It begins with a Card Member using their American Express Card at one of our millions of Merchants around the world—the rest is up to us. The Network Strategy & Operations team (NS&O) is at the heart of the American Express enterprise—powering millions of transactions through our global payments processing network, which we develop and manage.
NS&O is unique within the enterprise. We work across almost every business unit within the organization as well as interact with external partners, providers, and key industry stakeholders. We are known to be intellectually curious and problem solvers as we tackle the most imperative initiatives facing the payments industry today like securing online transactions and enabling faster, more convenient ways to pay. A role within NS&O will challenge you to broaden your skillset and industry acumen, while giving you the chance to be part of driving enterprise growth and helping deliver on our brand promise of trust, security and service.
The Global Network Policy team within NS&O develops policy/rules which govern American Express products and capabilities & protect the brand and ensures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
Reporting to Director Credit/Debit Network Policy, the Senior Manager for Credit/Debit Policy is,an exciting opportunity for a talented thought leader to drive a vision that continues to evolve Network policy, process and platforms.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Establish and maintain the American Express Network policy, including the policy roadmap.
- Monitor relevant industry trends, competitive landscape, digital trends, and customer feedback to develop insights on products and inform the Network policy roadmap.
- Engage with key stakeholders across American Express to understand customer needs and identify, prioritize, and plan delivery of new network policies.
- Create innovative solutions that capitalise on American Express’s business model, with robust business cases and key metrics for success.
- Provide thought leadership on new capability design and implementation, user guides, transaction flows, customer experiences, and performance criteria
- Lead Network policy projects from conception to completion including proposal formulation, stakeholder management, issue analysis, competitive analysis, working group facilitation, presentation to leadership & governance committees and policy drafting
- Payments industry experience, including debit/credit processing and policy, payment card acquiring operations, issuer operations or, preferably, a combination of both.
- Degree or equivalent is required
- Experience in Policy and/or Product Development preferred.
- Strong relationship and collaboration skills with the ability to influence a broad group of stakeholders across the organisation, at all levels.
- Track record for change management and delivery in complex and highly-matrixed organizations.
- High-intellectual curiosity, creative & critical thinker with the ability to understand new concepts quickly, deal with ambiguity and experience in complex problem solving and strategic thought leadership.
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to communicate complex topics in a clear and effective manner, adapting communications based on the audience.
- High energy, an optimistic attitude, and a good sense of humour
- Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project
- Strong project management skills preferred.
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Understanding of Agile methodology and practices.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 23, 2020, 3:11:22 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.