It begins with a Card Member using their American Express Card at one of our millions of Merchants around the world—the rest is up to us. The Network Strategy & Operations team (NS&O) is at the heart of the American Express enterprise—powering millions of transactions through our global payments processing network, which we develop and manage.
NS&O is unique within the enterprise. We work across almost every business unit within the organization as well as interact with external partners, providers, and key industry stakeholders. We are known to be intellectually curious and problem solvers as we tackle the most imperative initiatives facing the payments industry today like securing online transactions and enabling faster, more convenient ways to pay. A role within NS&O will challenge you to broaden your skillset and industry acumen, while giving you the chance to be part of driving enterprise growth and helping deliver on our brand promise of trust, security and service.
The Network Data Standards and Quality team within NS&O provides strategic direction on identifying ongoing technical processing changes and recommendations made by the industry, as well as incorporate new processing capabilities into Network Technical documentation and align with the appropriate American Express stakeholders. This individual will provide in-depth consulting that supports adoption of new strategies, goals and objectives across the Network to ensure ease of processing for Network partners.
Reporting to Director of Network Data Standards and Quality, is an exciting opportunity for a talented thought leader to drive a vision that continues to evolve Network Credit/Debit capabilities and processes.
- Establish, support, and evolve Network technical processing capabilities
- Outline and maintain strategic roadmaps of technical processing while balancing against industry trends
- Facilitate Network Technical Specification changes in support of business and policy initiatives
- Work closely with technical and business partners to ensure the data exchanged on our Network effectively drive key initiatives and deliver business value across the Enterprise
- Support new industry standards and capabilities and adopt within technical standards documentation for processing while socializing with appropriate stakeholders
- Provide content knowledge and consultation with regional partners regarding new product and system capabilities
- Create and provide ongoing clear and concise updates to Network stakeholders and constituents
- Drive continual process improvements into technical standards
- Strong payments industry experience, including credit/debit processing and expertise with payment related standards
- Comprehensive project management skills which includes data comparison/mapping, and process flow generation
- Highly motivated, results-oriented individual with strong relationship skills to work cross-organizationally
- Provide thought leadership on new capability design and implementation, user guides, transaction flows, customer experiences, and performance criteria
- Strong organizational skills and proven expertise in prioritizing across multiple work streams
- Superior communication and collaboration skills - includes written and verbal, to all levels of employees within the organization
- Proven analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates an ability to understand highly technical complex data capabilities and holds a strong understanding of card payments processing expertise
- Be highly flexible and adaptable to internal priorities and changing landscapes
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Understanding of Agile methodology and practices
- Willing to work hard and have fun!
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 25, 2020, 11:44:21 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.