There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
At American Express we are committed to our customers and our employees, that is why we look that our future collaborators live our values by ensuring that everything we do is reliable, oriented to the excellence of our processes and with the highest level of integrity and personal responsibility.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Mexico Consumer Finance Manager is a key finance partner for the business.
This position reports to the Mexico Consumer Finance Director.
This person has to work closely with business partners in all areas, such as Marketing, Sales, Operations and other Finance Departments such as HQ Finance, Controllership, , Risk Finance, Treasury, etc.
The Consume Finance Manager is a key enabler for business decision support, providing accurate reporting, finance tracking and thorough financial analysis to drive the business in the right direction, helping us to growth revenues while optimizing investments, revenues and OPEX.
Support the Business in the decision-making process for the Consumer Business in Mexico, especially for lending products. This Finance Manager will also be responsible for consolidating financial reports for all Business Unit in Mexico and the Latin American consumer markets, working closely with the finance leaders in Mexico and the Region.
- Coordination of month-end closing process and financial results for the markets of the region to provide on time, complete and transparent financial information, while tracking results on a monthly basis, providing insights to the emerging trends, analyzing risks and opportunities including variance analysis.
- Prepare and support Business Units Review presentations for Senior Leaders such as the Country Executive Team, the Bank Board and other relevant BURs.
- Drive budget and forecasting processes for Lending products in Mexico, with specific focus on AR and FCR drivers and results and deep dive analytics in credit plans performance, drivers, trends, risks and opportunities.
- Effectively interact with HQ Finance and other key partners, providing support to the Business to ensure the financial implications of their decisions are considered in the Actual results, Budget and Forecast.
- Support Long-Range Planning for AR of Mexico Bank to support ICAAP and CCAR processes.
- Develop and deliver on-going profitability analysis, including net credit margin contribution and profitability by credit plan.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Actuarial Science, IT or Computer Science
- Experience of succeeding in demanding financial roles at manager level or above
- Fluent English and Spanish
- Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Strong financial knowledge including financial evaluation criteria (NPV, ROI, ROE, etc). Excellent knowledge of Financial Modeling.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, formal and informal. Proven ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and clear manner with different kinds of audiences (peers, senior leaders, etc.).
- Assertive and able to provide constructive feedback.
- Fast, independent learner. Agile, flexible and proactive.
- Customer awareness and service deliver focus and strong sense of financial integrity.
- Proficient presentation skills (advance is desirable).
- Advanced Excel skills. Use of macros and Computer skills in programming, such as SAS, SQL, Tableau, Cornerstone and other big data analytics and capabilities is preferable.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 31, 2020, 5:39:02 PM