As our new Collections Specialist, you will collect delinquent balances on small business and consumer accounts in an auto dialer environment. You will collect and resolve accounts while using a consultative approach to encourage future card usage. While delivering world class customer service, you will utilize your strong communication and negotiation skills to maximize recovery of card member balances. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and love dealing with people – then apply now
As a Collections Specialist in a collection’s capacity, you will;
- Handle high-volume inbound/outbound calls on past due accounts in a dialer environment (please note balances can exceed 100k).
- Negotiate, collect and resolve accounts using persuasive communication skills and a consultative approach to encourage future card usage.
- Utilize your negotiation and influencing abilities by offering our Small Business and Consumer customers’ solutions using products and services from the American Express Portfolio.
- Handle calls in a timely and efficient manner while following established credit procedures.
- Stay within acceptable performance standards and quality goals.
- A top performer with a proven track record of success
- An individual with both a competitive and strong will to win attitude
- Prefer 2 years or more experience in collections or consultative sales environment - Customer/Client facing experience will also be considered
- Moderate to highly analytical individual with strong financial acumen.
- Proven problem solving and decision making
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated resiliency in a fast paced, metric driven environment.
- Extremely adaptable in a changing environment.
- Flexibility on both day and evening schedules, weekend availability is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Schedule: Business hours of operations are seven (7) days a week from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Shift differentials for nights and weekends are provided. Candidates must be flexible.
Location: 18850 N 56th St, Phoenix, AZ 85050 (Desert Ridge Area – near Mayo Clinic)
This position may be work from home temporarily and adjusted back to “in office” at any time at the discretion of American Express.
You will need:
- A quiet work space to avoid any disruptions during customer interactions.
- Internet service
- Personal smartphone or a tablet
American Express will provide:
- All other technical equipment needed
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2020, 3:21:24 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.