**Please include your portfolio information on your resume when applying to this role, if it is private, remember to include a password**
As a new addition to the American Express family, our team is working to develop additional ways to become an essential part of Card Members' digital lives by enabling travelers to discover, book, and access airport lounges worldwide. You will have the freedom, ownership, and speed of a startup with the backing, support, and resources of American Express.
As a Senior Product Designer at LoungeBuddy, you will be responsible for designing new features across all our products. Specifically, you will be working on LoungeBuddy.com, LoungeBuddy for iPhone, LoungeBoss (our proprietary lounge check-in experience), and the LoungeBuddy Partner Portal (a web portal for partners to manage their lounge locations). In addition to working on these products, you will be assisting with promotional, onboarding, and other design-related projects and presentations.
You will have a key role in the entire design process, including qualitative and quantitative research, ideation, and prototyping. You will be working with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to ensure high-quality implementation and an excellent user experience. Our brand is showcased through our design, so a focus on how our company is represented by ensuring consistency across all the company’s assets is critical. You will help build upon and refine our design system - and advocate for a consistent user experience across the LoungeBuddy platform through your design aesthetics and keen attention to detail.
We come from all around the world, spanning multiple continents. The LoungeBuddy team is made up of very unique and fascinating people. We are a small but mighty team that are passionate about working collaboratively, travel, and of course airport lounges. Our pillars are Trust & Respect, Collaboration, Learning & Growth, Ownership, and Empathy. Since our acquisition, we have kept our existing team but have gained the resources and backing of American Express to build the world's best travel experiences!
Discover more about us here: https://www.loungebuddy.com/about/team
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Who are you?
- You are a high-level performer that can build strong relationships and have the ability to lead projects.
- You have contributed to multiple shipped products.
- From the list below, you are a master in one, strong in two, and capable in 2 others:
- User Research, Interaction Design, Writing, Visual Design, UX Design, Prototyping, Front-end Development, Video and Photo Production, Art Direction, Quantitative Research and Analysis, and Animation
- Going beyond best practices and are able to uncover novel, unexpected, but still workable solutions.
- Leading the solution of a product area by connecting it to a broader product vision
- Identifying opportunities to challenge and refine our research and design principals
- Exploring and refining quickly without losing effort, by solving problems at a low fidelity and then polishing for delivery.
- Knowing, using, and expanding our design system to improve it instead of deviating from it
- Creating simple, elegant solutions to complex interaction problems while raising the design bar with beautiful and modern UI work
- Evolving our products to be better and simpler by owning and fixing complex design and technical debt
- Expertly using design tools at the cutting edge of what is going on while exploring new opportunities and frameworks for personal growth.
- You are able to communicate rationale to partners
- You are an active planner and participant in meetings
- You are able to define problems and write project briefs
- You can anticipate feedback to address it proactively by developing opinions and persuading others to align with them
- You engage with your team and maintain strong relationships with them
- You continuously document and share knowledge with the team by helping create structure for our research
- You develop deep domain knowledge of your product area and how to solve its problems by creating modern, simpler, and effective solutions.
Product and Teams
- You are able to clarify success metrics and tie efforts towards delivering business value and efficiency of the teams' resources
- You've been an integral part of a team you've been assigned to in a leadership role while collaborating with cross-functional peers
- You've played an active role in screening and interviewing candidates, are trained on best practices of hiring and interviewing, and are capable of building new networks of professional colleagues
- You are capable of leading by setting an example for others and teaching them - you actively share feedback and comment on others' work to help them grow
- You are capable of maintaining goals and improving our processes
- You are biased towards progress, not just action - you coordinate product work to drive progress
- You make your team more productive by running meetings with owners, setting agendas, action items, and follow-ups
- You think broadly to improve our products and systems - you are capable of building a big picture vision and avoid "quick fix" solutions
- You are comfortable working with an existing framework, and when no framework is provided, you are capable of defining your own processes
- Expert-level knowledge working in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Interaction design and prototyping skills (Framer, Principle, InVision, etc.)
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
- 5-10 years of experience as an individual contributor working across multiple platforms (mobile and web) on products that have shipped
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2020, 2:32:26 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.