It begins with a Card Member using an American Express Card at one of our millions of Merchants around the world – the rest is up to us. The Network Solutions & Operations team (NSO) is the heart of the American Express Enterprise, powering billions of transactions through the global payments processing network that we develop and manage.
NSO is unique within the Enterprise. We work across almost every American Express business unit as well as external partners, providers, and key industry stakeholders. We are known to be intellectually curious and problem solvers as we tackle the most imperative initiatives facing the payments industry today, such as securing online transactions and enabling faster, more convenient ways to pay. A role within NSO will challenge you to broaden your skillset and industry acumen while giving you the chance to drive enterprise growth and help deliver on our brand promise of trust, security and service.
The Network Product Development team within NSO works to develop network and payment solutions that enable our network of the future to meet the evolving demands of global payment networks and adapt to local needs while ensuring continued global interoperability. This enables the Enterprise to begin operations in new places, react to changing regulatory demands, and process new forms of payments.
Reporting to the Vice President of Network Product Development, this newly created Director of Network Product Development will be asked to drive new product ideation, explore new use cases, and design high-level functional solutions, as well as support the end-to-end product development lifecycle.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Creating, iterating and maintaining product roadmaps.
- Monitoring credit/debit market trends, conducting user research and defining the problem(s).
- Defining and prioritizing high-level product needs, including investment prioritization.
- Providing consultation with proprietary and network participants on new product construct opportunities.
- Partnering with technical architects to design high-level credit/debit solutions and stress-test/validate network constructs.
- Developing relationships with key external partners.
- Representing and promoting the team in industry forums.
- Supporting the enterprise readiness for new products.
- Helping to prioritize detailed requirements and ensure their delivery through enterprise tech and business teams.
- Analyzing product performance and leveraging it to inform future plans.
- Supporting credit/debit throughout the product lifecycle.
- Payments industry experience, preferably including some combination of credit/debit processing and/or policy, payment card credit/debit acquiring operations, and issuer operations.
- People leadership experience including coaching, developing, motivating and inspiring team members.
- Strong product development experience.
- Excellent indirect influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of change management and delivery in complex and highly matrixed organizations.
- High intellectual curiosity, with excellent creative and critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong comfort in dealing with ambiguity.
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to distill complex topics into clear and concise messages, adapted for the audience appropriately.
- High energy, an optimistic attitude, and a good sense of humor.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 30, 2020, 11:14:30 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.