About Network Solutions & Operations:
It begins with a Card Member using an American Express Card at one of our millions of Merchants around the world – the rest is up to us. The Network Solutions & Operations team (NSO) is the heart of the American Express Enterprise, powering billions of transactions through the global payments processing network that we develop and manage.
NSO is unique within the Enterprise. We work across almost every American Express business unit as well as external partners, providers, and key industry stakeholders. We are known to be intellectually curious and problem solvers as we tackle the most imperative initiatives facing the payments industry today, such as securing online transactions and enabling faster, more convenient ways to pay. A role within NSO will challenge you to broaden your skillset and industry acumen while giving you the chance to drive enterprise growth and help deliver on our brand promise of trust, security and service.
The Network Delivery team within NSO works to deliver a full scale modernization of network including delivering new digital products such as Debit, Local networks, QR, Tokenization that enable our network of the future to meet the evolving demands of global payment networks and adapt to local needs while ensuring continued global interoperability. This enables the Enterprise to attract new customers, operate in new markets, react to changing regulatory demands, and process new types of payments.
The Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance is tasked for building and enhancing the quality framework including building automation tools to test multiple products (credit, debit, digital payment products) and specifications, setting and delivering against quality and time to market strategy. Partner closely with the product teams and engineering teams to prioritize and deliver hands-free testing and monitoring tools.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Responsible for envisioning automation tools including defining capabilities and features, working with the engineering teams in the prioritization, delivery and deployment of these tools
- Responsible for providing strategic direction to the development teams, driving quality through automation including tools, process, measurement, environment and data
- Responsible for the overall testing strategy, governance framework and leads the team in the execution of end to end functional and regression testing
- Drives continuous improvement and innovation in quality through all phases of software delivery lifecycle
- Collaborate with a wide variety to partners within business and technology teams to inspire change required to execute quality strategy and controls
- Define, track and report quality metrics across the program providing actionable insights to improve quality and time-to-market
- Experience in both product and engineering roles
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Engineering preferred)
- Experience in building and managing quality framework and automation tools is preferred
- Knowledge/experience in a test-driven development environment and automation using CI/CD and other tools is preferred
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology and practices.
- Proven track record of change management and delivery in complex and highly matrixed organizations.
- High intellectual curiosity, with excellent creative and critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong comfort in dealing with ambiguity.
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to translate complicated business needs into technical requirements that can be delivered by technology teams and influence and drive decisions within cross-functional teams.
- Payments industry experience, preferably including understanding of Network and payment technology and processes for debit/credit processing and policy and operations.
- High energy, an optimistic attitude, and a good sense of humor.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2020, 6:34:49 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.