Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
Are you up for the challenge?
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of software development experience in a professional setting with focus on large scale data solutions,
- 6+ years of hands on experience development database applications, with a focus on data and application architecture
- 3+ years experience with developing big data solutions using Python, Spark and related Big Data Technologies.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate robust and sustainable technology solution
- Experience in evaluating evolving technologies, developing proofs of concepts, and obtaining buying from engineering peers for integrating new technologies.
- Agile Practices
- Programming Languages (C, C++, Java, Python, Spark, Shell Scripting etc.)
- Analysis of complex and large datasets, with the ability to effectively draw insights based on a thorough understanding of data linkages
- Critical Analytical Thinking that links complex business problems, with effective technology solutions, that are sustainable over time
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2020, 2:33:39 AM