Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Title : Engineering Director – Datacenter Network Engineering, Cloud Engineering
As an Engineering Director, Datacenter Network Engineering you will be responsible for delivering cutting edge network Infrastructure solutions that are foundational pieces of American Express Private and Public Cloud Infrastructure. We are looking for deeply technical, innovative, high performing leader with an extensive background in building and leading Network Infrastructure engineering teams.
This position offers opportunity to build and manage a strong geographically diverse team and transform the network Infrastructure of American Express.
- Lead Datacenter Network Engineering team in delivering agile network infrastructure while ensuring 99.999% uptime.
- Build world-class team of Infrastructure Engineers and Infrastructure developers to develop scalable and agile network Infrastructure.
- Innovate with cloud Native architectures and enable infrastructure services as code
- Drive the program to Improve the availability of the infrastructure platform.
- Manage the lifecycle of network platforms and software.
- Develop automation to dynamically provision and scale the Network Fabrics.
- Partner with PaaS and Infrastructure teams to develop next generation Software Defined Infrastructure capabilities
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence the engineering community
- Hands-on experience of Datacenter Network fabrics, Load Balancers and Software Defined Networks is a must.
- In-depth Knowledge of BGP, OSPF and EVPN fabrics.
- knowledge of Network, Storage and compute platforms
- Strong understanding of systems engineering and cloud technologies like service meshes, infrastructure as code are a plus.
- Experience in systems monitoring and operationalization of Infrastructure platforms.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2020, 3:14:31 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.