GCC, The Place To Be!
In Global Commercial Credit (GCC) we are very excited to present the following job opportunity. This is a great time to join a fast-growing business unit, work with an enthusiastic group of colleagues and develop your career.
Why Global Commercial Credit? GCC has been a recently growing department within American Express, and here we are truly committed to the vision of providing the world’s best credit and underwriting experience every day. Through our teams, we deliver superior service around the world by recovering delinquent balances and limiting American Express’s exposure to losses from corporations, their card members and from our Merchants. Covering nearly 30 markets, our team services over a dozen languages.
This Band 25 role as Merchant Credit Specialist in the Merchant Credit team will involve servicing the EMEA markets (Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, UK & Multicurrency). The team deals with merchant debit balance collections, insolvencies and write-off prevention. This is a blended role of the collection and insolvency functions.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a positive, multicultural and multilingual team servicing our merchants.
- Manage collection of overdue payments.
- Understand customers financial arrangements and requirements.
- Use negotiation and relationship management skills to provide win-win outcomes.
- Strategic decision making to drive customer loyalty and growth for the business.
- Outbound and Inbound calls with some back-office tasks.
- Secure repayment of overdue funds and avoid potential losses/write-offs.
- Work to the highest standards with a balanced delivery of both customer experience and shareholder value.
Find out more about us on our Square Group: https://square.americanexpress.com/groups/commercial-credit-brighton
Blue Box Benefits - What’s in it for you?
Our state-of-the-art office in the heart of Brighton provides onsite facilities including a restaurant, coffee bar and gym, designed to put your wellbeing first.
At American Express, you will be part of a thriving and engaged culture where employee engagement and satisfaction ratings consistently place us as one of the best big companies to work for in the UK.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Fluent in English and German.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Strong numeric skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to take a professional approach to challenging situations.
- Understanding customers financial arrangements and requirements.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2020, 1:08:20 AM