Don’t Just Build Tech. Change Tech
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Every day, our technologists enable our
customers around the globe to achieve their goals. They build and deliver American
Express infrastructure and applications across all markets and business units. To meet
these demands, we’re looking for problem solvers who can inspire change through
detailed analysis and programming methodologies, individuals with a strong intellectual
curiosity and a passion for innovation, and teammates who can convert their ideas into
Learn more about our Technology development programs: the Engineering Development Program and the Technology Rotation Program.
Join the team and make an impact right away
● Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve
existing needs and predict future challenges
● Write code with one or more programming languages (e.g., Java,
● Function as a core member of an agile team working on API specs,
conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of
● Build and develop new customer-facing applications on multiple channels
like native iOS, Android, web, social integration and Java services/APIs
● Implement web-enabled systems for data collection
We have the know-how, technology and global reach to make nearly any idea a
reality. All that's missing is you!
● Ability to find opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
● Hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
● Ability to effectively connect with internal and external business partners
● Creative, collaborative, and curious problem solver
● Capable of working well in and contributing to a team environment
● Experience in developing products or projects either in an academic,
● Some entry level software development experience or creative experience
● A technical background is beneficial but not required. We are looking for
passionate, fast learners willing to take on new challenges, more than
● Must earn Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or other technical subject area by June 2021
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Our application deadline is November 15th and our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Tags: CFE-11160, CFE-12801, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2020, 3:30:37 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.