Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Performance Marketing is one of the largest investments in Amex Global Consumer Service Group (GCSG) and as part of the Enterprise Performance Channel Enablement team you will be responsible for supporting the development of our marketing programs to drive acquisition growth. The role will focus on biddable digital channels and be responsible for managing sophisticated multi-market programs for the Japan market.
To implement a programme of in-house marketing activity to ensure Amex maximizes net income through PPC and/or Programmatic Display for the Japan market.
- Ownership of multi-market prospect and customer facing campaigns on biddable media including PPC and retargeting in Programmatic Display for Japan
- Manage PPC campaigns for Japan market against targets, maximizing net income delivered through the channel
- Use PPC bid management software to centrally manage PPC campaigns for Japan market and ensure that tracking is set up correctly
- Work with Senior Performance Channel Manager and the Performance Channel Analytics team to create and implement data-led strategies for Japan that deliver against the marketing plans
- Collate and distribute information for internal reporting
- Present strategies and plans to internal stakeholders in the markets and other central teams in both Japanese and English languages
- Monitor internal and external digital trends and technologies to continually improve the programme and maintain competitive advantage
- Work with the Analytics team on “test and learn” activities to innovate and establish best practices for the PPC activity in Japan
- Supporting the development and roll out of a Programmatic Display roadmap
- Building and maintaining relationships with markets and supporting agencies
- Identifying, delivering and managing the biddable media opportunities
- Maintaining scorecard KPIs to ensure that all display media is always on and optimized to generate maximum scale and efficiency and communicate results to key stakeholders.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Passion for digital marketing and PPC and/or Programmatic Display in particular
- Strong understanding of other digital marketing media within the Japan market
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese, in addition to English
- 2-3 years’ experience and proven track record of successfully managing PPC campaigns (across Google, Yahoo Japan/Bing) and/or Programmatic Display campaigns
- Desire to expand your trading expertise across PPC and Programmatic Display
- A self-starter who owns their role and is able to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with solid organizational and time management skills
- Track record of delivery against goals
- Experience of managing stakeholders in a matrix environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presenting to peers and senior management
- Experience managing international PPC and/or Programmatic Display campaigns (ideally APAC, specifically Japan)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2020, 7:37:28 PM