- Effectively manage proactive and reactive Global Commercial Payments (GCP) and Global Merchant Services (GMS) underwriting workflows to maximize profitability and mitigate risk.
- High degree of accountability to process cases efficiently.
- Effectively apply accounting acumen and financial expertise to review new GCP and GMS program applications.
- Responsible for analyzing client information by leveraging Amex program attributes, performance, credit bureau information, industry and detailed financial statement analysis.
- Responsible for familiarity with complex organization structure for commercial clients.
- Accountable for working severe risk cases including but not limited to Dun and Bradstreet alerts.
- Utilize multiple internal databases and external internet sites in gathering all relevant information when processing an underwriting case.
- Demonstrate high level of accuracy and thoroughness in implementing Underwriting decisions.
- Act in a consultative manner with internal and external customers of American express.
- Manage an existing portfolio of Commercial card and Merchant clients with accountability for managing customer relationship, requesting updated financial information and making a credit decision based on internal and external data.
- Ensure quality, regulatory requirements and compliance is embedded in all processes.
- Solid leadership, customer service and time management skills
- The applicant needs to be an analytical thinker, problem solver, and decision maker
- The successful candidate will be highly analytical with underwriting experience, which includes a good understanding of commercial income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements
- Demonstrate excellent judgment in making sound credit decisions in order to mitigate risk
- Ability to apply accounting principles in the interpretation of commercial financial statements
- Ability to analyze large quantities of historical and new information, identify trending and manage in an ever-changing environment
- Aptitude to review a commercial client’s current Risk profile along with probability of default measures to ensure proper risk mitigation action is taken on a program
- A high level of analytical skill to assess and evaluate client’s program including thorough understanding of industry and publicly available financial data
- Excel in verbal and nonverbal communication
- Ability to demonstrate excellent relationship management and collaboration skills with Sales, Account Development and Risk business units
- Proficient in handling multiple demands
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior level executives within a client’s organization and cultivate great working relationship with new and current customers
- Determination of risk involved and recommendation of credit limitations
- Must be a self-starter and have demonstrated ability to support multiple functions and work in a cohesive team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong communication experience necessary to be able to deliver adverse messages to customers and clients
- 1-2 years’ experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Internet, and related computer skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2020, 11:58:34 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.