2021 Technology Graduate Programme
American Express is continuing an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team. This diverse and creative organisation has the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have an interest in improving your skills in a tech environment while meeting innovative thinkers and serving our customers across physical and digital spaces, join our transformation team!
Graduates will have the opportunity to work across a multitude of features across our software products, like Spring Cloud and Webflux for reactive Java services, or Node.js driving React web applications and even polyglot microservices; latest versions of Kotlin and Swift language features driving the mobile team. We’re often experimenting with new technologies; it’s all about picking the right tool for the right job.
As part of the American Express Technology team you will have the opportunity to work on world-class Card Member experiences on multiple channels, as well as explore different career paths through our two-year rotational programme. Graduates will have the opportunity to choose from a number of potential roles within our Scrum teams; such as Software Engineers, Data Architects, Quality Assurance Engineers, Product Owners and hybrid roles across the organization, giving you the skills and experience to help you accelerate in your career.
What type of work can you expect to do in Technology at American Express?
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predict future challenges
- Develop software applications as part of a Scrum team
- Learn technical skills, write code, conduct code reviews and testing
- Work with product managers to prioritise features for new products and manage a list of requirements based on industry trends and new technologies
- Bespoke learning and development programme, e.g. technical, leadership, networking and soft skills
- Opportunity to impact 80 million customers’ interactions with our services
- Take part in social activities, charity days, and projects with other Graduates, Interns, and Apprentices
Are you up for the challenge?
- Creative, collaborative and curious thinker with a desire to learn
- Eye for identifying opportunities for innovation and change
- Can identify opportunities for innovation and change
- Passion for technology
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical business partners
- Capable of working well and contributing meaningfully in a team environment
Good to have:
- Experience of developing products or projects either in an academic, professional or personal setting
- Some entry level software development experience or design or creative experience
A technical background is beneficial. We are looking for passionate, fast learners willing to take on new challenges, more than specific technical experience.
Ideally enrolled in or completed a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or other scientific, technical, or creative discipline or recent experience in a similar role. We also accept applications from students of all academic backgrounds with a passion for technology.
Burgess Hill, UK
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2020, 1:32:22 PM