2021 Marketing Undergraduate Summer Internship
At American Express, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Whether it’s for our Card Members, Small Businesses, Merchants or Large Corporations – our teams work hard every day to support our customers and help build their success. As part of this dynamic organisation, you’ll play a vital part in shaping our marketing strategies or driving our sales and pipeline management. And have fun doing it too! So, if you’re someone that loves working with others, thrives on a challenge and has desire to learn and grow, we want you to join us.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. Our culture is relaxed but challenging, with a strong focus on individual empowerment and personal growth and development. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, American Express is a great place to launch and grow your career, with the support of outstanding colleagues and leaders.
We are proud to encourage diversity and celebrate this at work. We truly believe that it is diversity of thought, perspective and experience that pushes us to make better decisions. Everyone in the company is actively listened to, and we value perspectives from across the board.
Marketing at American Express
For us marketing is all about thinking outside the box. It’s capturing, conceptualising and selling those innovative ideas that will make our customers’ lives easier. As part of our Marketing Internship, you’ll have the opportunity to expand our already diverse Amex network, strengthen our presence in the digital marketplace & shape real life marketing strategies. At the same time, you could be engaging with top creative agencies or some of our most exciting product portfolios and trying to bring them to life with your own ideas. All of this will be done using market and consumer data from previous campaigns. So, if you’re someone who can use data effectively and come up with winning strategies, then this internship could be for you.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme provides high-performing students with exciting projects aligned to the company’s strategic, operational or financial goals. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a challenging project, learn about our award-winning culture and network across our diverse business units and regions.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2021 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
- Introduction to American Express – what makes us different to other financial institutions and why our people love to work here
- Ownership of a meaningful project that will have real business impact
- Regular talks from Senior Management to share their experience and advice on working at American Express
- Lots of social and networking events, giving you the chance to meet people from across the business
- Support from your leader, buddy and across the business to help you get the most out of your experience here
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express? Here are just a few examples of projects Interns have owned and delivered in previous years:
- Our reward programme is the best in the market, how do we make sure customers are getting the most out of it?
- We are launching a new feature for our customers. Can you design and create the launch announcement?
- We have recently done some tests on Social Media. Can you analyse the results and work with our creative agencies to develop the next round of tests and determine how to spend the marketing budget we have available?
Do you have what it takes to build a career here? We are looking for great colleagues to join our team who can bring a fresh perspective, are keen to learn and can demonstrate the following:
- A passion for the customer and customer insight
- Ability to see projects through from start to finish
- Good communicator, ability to sell in ideas
- Effective collaborator, enjoy working as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve and use data to drive insights
- Think strategically, and apply that skills to get results
- Curiosity to explore ideas and get fresh perspectives to enhance your thinking
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (any degree discipline) in your penultimate year of study
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Job opening – 14 September to 31 October 2020
When you submit your CV, we would also like to better understand why you would be a good fit for this role at American Express. Please share your response in 140 words or less.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2020, 8:18:15 AM