Why joining the EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales Department?
Are you a fluent level speaker of European languages? At American Express we can offer a great brand, career, training and a fantastic team environment to develop your commercial skills if you speak Dutch fluently. As an European hub, based in our new European Head office, we offer a rewarding package and the opportunity to work at one of Spain's premier employer brands.
You might never have thought of a career in sales and you are currently working in an international environment in Netherlands and/or Belgium, but if you enjoy working with people and are a strong communicator with the ability to build rapport, this could be a great opportunity for you.
The EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales organization is a growing department with a sales team of different nationalities speaking more than 28 languages based in Madrid. Our teams successfully acquire and manage relationships with merchants in European Markets.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear.
What do we expect from you?
We are expanding our sales team; the successful candidate will be a driven and resourceful individual who is able to quickly engage with potential merchants and clearly articulate the benefits of acceptance to a range of different types of business.
- Grow the AMEX acceptance network in the Netherlands and/or Belgium markets by following up on opportunities and campaigns to sign new Merchants and/or closing sales leads received by phone, email or internal sources in the assigned Market.
- End to end ownership of a lead, from first contact through to closing the sale, account set up and ensuring that they are able to fully benefit from Accepting Amex in their establishment.
- Participate in tactical sales campaigns throughout the year.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Native or fluent level of Dutch written and spoken; French is a plus.
- Background working for/in the Netherlands and/or Belgium markets.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Previous remote sales experience is a plus.
- Willing to sell, driven by objectives and communicative.
- Knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Access and PowerPoint, Salesforce a bonus).
What do we offer in return?
Success is rewarded through an attractive package, a generous sales incentive plan and a strong benefits package. Positive attitude!
Benefits and perks:
- New state of the art offices, very well connected just near to Feria de Madrid. Metro Station one minute, ten minutes connected with the city center. Parking facilities.
- Meal Vouchers
- Medical Insurance
- Life and Accident Coverage
- Amex personal card with no annual fee
- Educational and Language Allowances
- Work from home (up to three days per week)
- Sports, Voluntary activities, healthy incompany activities (Yoga, Pilates, Hipopresives, Soccer Team, Phisiotherapy, Mindfulness)
- Amex cafeteria, shower rooms, international collaborative library and many other building facilities
- And lots more!
It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, apply now – we are recruiting for roles with immediate start!
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2020, 9:31:22 AM