There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Writing excellent code on the platform and services that power American Express global servicing team.
- Contributing to key architectural decisions.
- Collaborating with architects, product owners, delivery managers, developers and other scrum teams to deliver a quality product.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production.
- Mentoring other engineers and actively pair-programming with teammates for collective code ownership.
- Evangelize engineering best practices and techniques throughout the engineering organization.
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating calculated risk taking.
- Transform our servicing systems using distributed enterprise solutions to deliver the next generation servicing platforms.
- Extensive experience of object oriented design, full stack web development and building REST APIs in Java, Java Script or Python, Java is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in building component-based applications with modern frontend frameworks, such as React, Vue, or Angular. React experience is a bonus.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience delivering advanced solutions for a high-volume, multi-tiered, distributed web application.
- Experience with various architectures: Domain Driven Design, Microservices, Cloud Native and Event Driven Architecture.
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience with testing: Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Integration Testing, Load Testing, Test Automation.
- Business Product Knowledge - Working knowledge of the finance and credit lending industry.
- Constant curiosity and a desire to improve yourself and your fellow engineers.
- Strong sense of extreme ownership and a big proponent of DevOps culture.
- Experience with messaging and streaming technology.
- Prior experience leading high performing agile development team.
- Experience with Java based service frameworks.
- Exposure to Financial Services and Banking concepts.
- Worked in a large matrixed organization.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2020, 9:46:20 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.