Director, Facilities Management (Asia Pacific)
Various defined locations, (e.g. Australia and Philippines) but also may cover other multiple countries.
You lead the way. We've got your back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible – and we're proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Join #TeamAmex and let's lead the way together
Global Real Estate and Workplace Experience (GREWE) is the global team at Amex that is responsible for the full lifecycle of planning, execution and operations of Amex offices globally. GREWE supports over 65,000 Amex colleagues and contractors in over eight million square feet of property located in 41 countries. Our real estate portfolio consists of large full-service campuses, office buildings, sales offices and airport lounges. The sites may be owned, leased or be occupied through a serviced space arrangement.
Amex treats Real Estate as a company asset, centrally managed, decisioned and budgeted at the highest segment results P&L. GREWE has global financial responsibility for Real Estate and is part of the broader global business services (GBS) organization which delivers critical shared services to colleagues across the entire enterprise.
We work in close collaboration with stakeholders in Colleague Experience Group (CEG), American Express Technology (AET), Global Security (GS) as well as rely extensively on our network of vendor partners to deliver a safe, productive and desirable work environment for all the Amex business units and users that work in our offices.
GREWE seeks to be a proactive and flexible enterprise function supporting Amex growth and colleague experience. The entire team is focused on delivering against the following common goals that are linked to specific initiatives and metrics across different regions and functions within the team:
- Proactively enable long term enterprise growth and profitability
- Be the workplace of choice in all markets and across all functions
- Continuously improve delivery efficiency, flexibility and speed
- Build and manage the best team as one GREWE (including our vendor partners)
- Consistently manage compliance, fiscal performance, risk and safety globally
At Amex, employees view each other as colleagues – part of the same team, striving to deliver the brand promise to customers and each other every day. Individual performance is essential and valued, but never at the expense of the team. Amex is a diverse and inclusive company and serves diverse customers. Amex believes it is a better company when employees feel included, valued and able to trust colleagues who respect each other for who they are and what they contribute to the collective success. The GREWE team believes that the workplace reflects and shapes Amex culture. Through our products and services, we continuously foster the Amex brand, culture and values across all our diverse regions.
Amex Asia Pacific (AP) Operations
Amex has ~ 10,000 colleagues and contractors housed in ~30 buildings across the Asia Pacific region. The largest locations are Manila, Tokyo, Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Singapore. Many other small sales offices are also located in other major cities in the region. Across the region these offices house every Amex business and some (Manila, Kuala Lumpur) support multiple critical global functions on a 24x7 basis.
Specific functions provided by GREWE in these offices include:
- Hard Services (facilities management FM)
- Facilities Management
- Moves/ Adds / Changes
- Repairs and maintenance
- Transport and parking (where applicable)
- Soft Services (workplace services)
- Dining Services Food and beverage
- Meeting / training
- Mail delivery
- Colleague communities
Additionally, GREWE is also responsible for the delivery of capital projects and leasing transactions that are necessary to support the continued growth of Amex businesses in AP.
Reporting to the GREWE VP Regional Operations (AP), GREWE Director Facilities Management (AP) will be responsible for building & facility management services, engineering, FM projects, contract governance and vendor management, including the development, monitoring and performance management of SLAs/KPIs within the defined locations (Building, country/countries and region).
The Director and team will be a key stakeholder within all aspects of the real estate management lifecycle for the facilities that American Express employees occupy or will occupy (new Sites) across the AP region.
To ensure seamless delivery of the workplace experience s/he collaborates closely with other regional and global GREWE functions (transaction management, design and construction, workplace services, etc.), CEG (medical, benefits, etc.), Global Security Services, Regulatory Agencies, Country Leaders, and Country Executive Teams/Boards. The success of this role is measured through regulatory and service level conformance, employee satisfaction surveys, risk mitigation (Assessments and Inspections), incident ratings, and financial performance.
S/he is responsible for overseeing the creation and implementation of our standard operating procedures that will be used for reporting, compliance, executing and supporting the AP delivery of FM services / projects and support of workplace services. This individual is a proactive, solutions-oriented leader who will have responsibility for the GREWE AP portfolio as well as the management of several vendors and outsourced service providers. At its core, this role leads a high-impact services function supported by professionals with significant technical and interpersonal skills.
While the responsibility to provide a safe, secure and productive workplace that meets all necessary regulatory requirements is a given, s/he will need a service excellence and hospitality mindset to drive the GREWE goal of making Amex the “workplace of choice” for all our businesses and colleagues in every market. Innovations and improvements to enhance the colleague experience will need to be locally relevant while furthering the global Amex culture and brand. S/he will also need to have rigorous analytical and financial skills to drive creative solutions that focus on value generation and capture unique market opportunities.
The Director will be based in Manila and will have direct reports across multiple cities in the AP region. S/he will be responsible for the engagement, development, recruitment and retention of GREWE facilities management talent as well as vendor management to assure that Amex always attracts the best talent in the market.
Customer & Colleague Relationship Management for GREWE Facilities Operations:
- The position is the relationship leader for Global Real Estate and Workplace Experience (GREWE) facilities operations in the defined locations, ensuring channels of communication are in place to facilitate regular and meaningful dialogue with Country Leadership Teams, Business Unit and Finance leaders and key customers regarding services being delivered, identifying issues in a proactive manner and driving resolutions where required.
- Advertises and promotes these services within the defined locations and is responsive to changing customer needs whilst working within AXP and GREWE policy and scope
- Act as the escalation point for problem resolution for internal customers concerning all operational aspects of service delivery by Third-party service partners of GREWE’s Facilities Management Services
- Collaborate closely with other regional and global GREWE functions such as global planning and administration, transaction management, design and construction, workplace services, workplace safety, finance operations, etc. and other non-GREWE functions such as security, medical, technology, etc. to deliver a seamless workplace experience to our colleagues.
Vendor Relationship Management:
- The delivery of Facilities Services is generally provided through the use of third-party service partners. A key responsibility is therefore vendor management and to drive vendor performance to deliver best in class services.
- Consistent, active and timely management of service partners, driving performance through the establishment, monitoring, reporting and management of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs.)
- Additionally, the position will support periodic RFPs for Facilities Services and the on-going development of service specifications (SOWs), contract amendments and commercial negotiations in conjunction with Global Supply Management teams.
Risk and Regulatory Compliance:
- Directs services and maintenance regimes throughout AP via direct reports and vendors to ensure compliance to legislation, codes, directives and regulatory issues on both a local and regional level.
- Ensure the maintenance of a current building records management system.
- Ensure the maintenance and updating of all documentation regarding compliance issues and resolutions.
- Maintain regular contact with Health and Safety, Human Resources, Workplace Services and Security departments to ensure consistency in the market.
- Ensure the maintenance of a risk register including permitting and statutory requirements for on site works in progress, health and safety compliance, compliance to space standards legislation, fire certification updates based leasehold improvement projects and building population shifts.
- Maintain a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for GREWE team in resident market and carry out annual exercises to ensure plan is meaningful and effective. Works with the GREWE Global Business Continuity Manager to deliver same; and to develop further BCP scenarios identifying how GREWE will provide essential facility related support to the business continuity plans owned by the core business.
- GREWE Oversite of third-party service partners Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in resident market and ensure its effectiveness by executing planned BCP scenario exercises, developing and supporting our core business units’ operations.
- Ensure direct reports deliver Business Continuity Planning for their resident markets.
- The Director will ensure GREWE representation in the Crisis Response Team (CRT) for all incidents and activities.
Personnel Management – AXP Staff
- Manages a team of Facility Managers within AP managed sites, each of whom is responsible for total facility services in their resident market(s).
- Ensure effective performance management processes (PMP) are in place and adhered to including but not limited to mid and year end appraisals, employee development management, coaching, training, on the job and off, participation in CSAT and delivery opportunities for development through stretch targets.
- Drive performance to deliver best in class facilities services to the customer.
- Ensure matrix teams work to one team principles in market, and regionally.
- Manage own direct reports PMP requirements in a proactive and engaged manner.
- Work with Amex partners HR, Security, Branding and sourcing to provide best customer service.
- Provides front facing role for senior customer liaison (Country Manager & LFO) on all aspects of service delivery.
- Ensures the Crisis Response Team (CRT) has GREWE representative in each market.
- Manage building related finances for the AP market to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of services
- Analyse building budget performance, ensuring key risks and opportunities are highlighted and reported on a minimum monthly basis; provide forecast updates, variance explanations and bottom up operating budget calculations as required
- Maintain financial records for energy management and review; negotiation in conjunction with Global Procurement
- Maintain financial records for all contracts
- Liaise with Regional GREWE Finance Operations, located in the India, regarding financial information relating to space, budgets, business unit costs, and financial systems compliance.
- Manage financial data collection and analysis via 3rd party service partners.
- Support the preparation of timely and meaningful capital plans, asset registers, and operational business demands for the FM and property management
- Ensure direct reports take a regional approach to the tendering of local market service contracts, engaging Global Procurement once GREWE regional direction has been established. Works with local Procurement office to renew, change and/or cancel contracts.
- Ensure direct reports deliver finance management for their resident markets
- Provide invoice approval and CPC validation (and/or other payment methods) in accordance with AEMP01 and for overseeing CPC reconciliations by third-party service partners
Qualifications & Required skills:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Facilities Management field with a preeminent real estate service provider or leading global firm
- Qualified in an engineering discipline and/or equivalent Facilities service management (IFMA, IWFM). An undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management, architecture or a related field is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant regulations, laws and familiarity with electrical, mechanical, maintenance, food services, environmental and safety codes and systems.
- Experience in people leadership, specifically leading outsourced third-party teams working within a matrix environment, and experience of managing Facilities Services both in resident country and in other Asia Pacific countries is required
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and influence others, together with excellent written and spoken English competency. Ability to communicate in designated country and multiple Asian languages is beneficial
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint with the ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable message
- Successful track record of managing within a capital and operating budget accounting framework. Knowledge and experience of budget and finance management, including capital planning, accrual and forecasting processes, analysis of risks and opportunities is required
- Comfortable working in multi-tasking environment with multiple stakeholders, situational ambiguity and project complexity
- Proactive self-starter, analytical, numerate, tenacious with the ability to work under own initiative as the position has a high level of autonomy at country level.
- Strong work ethic, uncompromising integrity and hands-on approach to business that respects individuals at all levels and does not hesitate to pitch-in and do what is necessary
- Work from Home Requirements:
- Must have at least 25 mbps internet connection plan / speed
- Must have a private & quiet area to work at home
- Must be amenable to work in Taguig once community quarantine measures are lifted
We place great importance on doing what is right in the right way, what is best and what is innovative, and we seek people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To know more about our recruitment process, you may watch this short video – What to Expect: Recruitment at American Express
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 3, 2021, 10:07:59 PM