You lead the way. We’ve got your back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
There’s a difference between just having a job and making an impact
The digital online space is a key and evolving trend in the travel industry. Our tech-savvy professionals in the American Express Travel Online Team use their in-depth knowledge of travel booking systems (GDS) and international fares to ensure our Card Members travel plans run as smoothly as possible.
They are brand ambassadors who work with attention to detail and a problem-solving approach to ensure travel changes and amendments are actioned accurately. They take pride in their ability to trouble-shoot and resolve any errors or discrepancies on behalf of their Card Members in order to create a seamless customer experience.
Find your place in Travel on #TeamAmex.
Travel plans can change frequently. Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day from our call center or from home, as an extension of our call center:
- You will review airline policies, schedule changes and rejected tickets which affect our customers travel plans. You will then liaise with airlines and customers via phone & email, to recommend and book, alternative customized travel options to meet their needs.
- You will use your in-depth knowledge to help Card Members access their exclusive benefits, including how to make the most of their Membership Reward points.
- As a consultant, you will refine your understanding of the customers individual needs by asking personalized fact-finding questions to deliver an innovative and extraordinary service.
- You take your understanding of new and existing product offerings, value proposition and relevance to the Card Member, to curate your recommendation
- At times, you will need to de-escalate a Card Member’s stress, when unforeseen travel situations arise
- Responding quickly and efficiently to meet the Card Member’s needs and expectations within supplier policies and American Express terms and conditions.
- While you’ll primarily support customers over the phone, you’ll be agile in supporting evolving business and customer needs when required. This may include supporting mid office work queues (e.g. airline schedule changes) and/or customers over chat from time to time.
- Reviewing airline & supplier policies, schedule changes and rejected tickets, which affect our customers travel plans. Contacting airlines , suppliers and customers via phone & email, to recommend and book, alternative travel options to meet their needs.
What you need to thrive
- GDS experience along with fares knowledge.
- Solid experience of working within the Travel Industry. A background servicing Australia and/or New Zealand customers will be highly beneficial as will experience in customer complaints/booking resolution
- Sufficient geography knowledge
- The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and constantly evolving circumstances
- A problem solver, you’ll be able to effectively analyze Card Member issues, digging deeper using resources, policies and standards available, and apply your knowledge to offer the best solutions where needed.
- A mathematical mind with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Confident computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
- Excellent time management & multi-tasking skills
- High level of integrity to work with customer information and treat it sensitively
- Ability to collaborate in person with all levels of leadership
- Ability to thrive in a metric driven and team-based environment, with a healthy competitiveness to meet and exceed goals
Work at Home Requirements:
Why American Express?
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 1:27:02 AM