Senior Cloud Engineer
You lead the way. We've got your back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible – and we're proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Join #TeamAmex and let's lead the way together.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class Card member experiences across multiple channels, including web service integration, java services, APIs. You will also be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, Performs hands-on architecture, design and development of systems
- Requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of integration solutions and APIs.
- Communicating to stakeholders and business partners on the solution and the implementation aspects at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation
- Ability to work closely with technical architects and architecture governance technical team for solution development and design reviews.
- Manages and mentors teams of junior and senior engineers through ongoing sprints
- Functions as a senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices – tools and common components
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Typically spends 50-75% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time managing team and stakeholders through ongoing product/platform release sprints
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- 7+ years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Experience with design and coding across one or more object-oriented platforms and languages.
- Java programmer (minimum Java 7, Java 8 preferable).
- Knowledge of Spring including MVC, AOP, Spring Boot, REST, XML, Microservice architecture, JUnit, Mocking, JSP, Cassandra and PostgreSQL.
- Desirable to have cloud experience, especially Docker, Kubernetes, Unix and service discovery tools.
- Experience with the Reactive framework such as Spring Webflux or Vert.x.
- Desirable to have experience with performance and monitoring tools e.g. Splunk, App Dynamics, Dynatrace.
- Application server deployment and configuration experience in JBoss, Tomcat and Springboot.
- Knowledge of automated build / continuous delivery, experience of Maven, Jenkins and other JVM languages.
- Hands-on experience with application design, software development and automated testing Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Current knowledge of credit card industry desirable.
- Manages seamlessly across time zones, cultures, and band levels.
- Communicates effectively with Technical, Operational, and Business stakeholders.
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider team in team meetings via teleconference.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering an advantage.
- Work from Home Requirements:
- Must have at least 25 mbps internet connection plan / speed
- Must have a private & quiet area to work at home
- Must be amenable to work in Taguig once community quarantine measures are lifted
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To know more about our recruitment process, you may watch this short video – What to Expect: Recruitment at American Express
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2021, 11:14:36 PM