You lead the way. We've got your back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible – and we're proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Join #TeamAmex and let's lead the way together.
As a Collections Associate you will be responsible for building relationships with our customers, whose account payments are overdue, assisting them with their situation and solving their problems to reach a positive conclusion for both American Express and our valued clients. This role will involve making outbound or inbound calls to our valued customers. The objective of the call is to gain the customers commitment to making payments on their overdue account and enabling them to spend on the card.
- Handling inbound and outbound calls from our consumer and small business card members whose accounts are flagged as overdue or delinquent using written and verbal communication.
- Risk analysis and review of customer accounts, recommending process improvements where relevant.
- Review the risk of accounts to assess whether to permit or stop further spend, compliance with privacy and consumer credit legislation.
- Building rapport with the card members and actively listening to the issues that may have arisen.
- Negotiation with card members to determine the best course of action and gaining agreement for both short and long-term solutions.
- Respond to card members enquiries in an appropriate manner, offering personalized service with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ensures maximum recovery on accounts through inbound/ outbound telephone contact in a timely and comprehensive manner to ensure customer satisfaction with Inbound and Outbound calling.
- Bachelor's Degree in any field AN ADVANTAGE.
- At least 2 years of experience in B2B or credit card collections is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced metric driven environment with proficient multitasking and navigation in a windows environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Work from Home Requirements:
- Must have at least 25 mbps internet connection plan / speed
- Must have a private & quiet area to work at home
- Must be amenable to work in Taguig once community quarantine measures are lifted
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To know more about our recruitment process, you may watch this short video – What to Expect: Recruitment at American Express
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021, 2:22:35 AM