You lead the way. We’ve got your back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
There’s a difference between just having a job and making an impact
The digital online space is a key and evolving trend in the travel industry. American Express Card Members can contact us via different channels; e-mail, on-line chat or voice/call. Our tech-savvy professionals in the Click-to-Chat team use their in-depth knowledge of travel booking systems (GDS) and international fares to ensure the travel plans of our Card Members who are using American Express Travel Online, run as smoothly as possible.
They are brand ambassadors who work with attention to detail and a problem-solving approach to ensure travel changes and amendments are actioned accurately and efficiently. They take pride in their ability to trouble-shoot and resolve any errors or discrepancies on behalf of their Card Members in order to create a seamless customer experience. The Click-to-Chat service enables our Card Members to interact with us in real-time to gain assistance with website navigation, make and amend bookings and access their unique benefits.
Find your place in Travel on #TeamAmex.
Travel plans can change frequently. Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day from our servicing center or from home, as an extension of our servicing center:
- You will build strong relationships and support your Card Members by assisting with their changing travel plans such as trip cancellations, re-bookings, and exchanges.
- Troubleshooting any customer issues relating to the use of the travel website and expertly guiding customers whilst they navigate around the site.
- You will receive customer enquiries via Click-to-Chat (up to 2 at a time) and these could include enquiries such as:
- pre booking requests such as online journey support, pricing and travel benefit eligibility enquiries.
- post booking requests including seating, room enquiries, amendments and cancellation requests.
- You will review airline and supplier policies and rejected tickets which affect our customers travel plans. You will then liaise with airlines, suppliers and customers via chat, to recommend and book, alternative customized travel options to meet their needs.
- You will use your in-depth knowledge to help Card Members access their exclusive benefits, including how to make the most of their Membership Reward points.
- As a consultant, you will refine your understanding of the customers individual needs by asking personalized fact-finding questions to deliver an innovative and extraordinary service.
- You take your understanding of new and existing product offerings, value proposition and relevance to the Card Member, to curate your recommendation
- At times, you will need to de-escalate a Card Member’s stress, when unforeseen travel situations arise
- While you’ll primarily support customers over Chat, you’ll be agile in supporting evolving business and customer needs when required. This may include supporting mid office work queues (e.g. airline schedule changes) and/or customers over phone from time to time.
What you need to thrive
- A flair for recognizing customer mood and tone through written communication and delivering extraordinary customer care to meet their individual requirements
- Proven ability to provide premium customer service in written format and preferably through previous experience in a Click-to-Chat role.
- GDS experience along with fares knowledge
- Solid experience of working within the Travel Industry, background in customer complaints/booking resolution role will be highly beneficial.
- A passion for building customer loyalty by carefully reading, building rapport and providing extraordinary customer care, using strong written communication skills. At times, this includes clearly explaining why we’re unable to service a customer’s request due to supplier or American Express policies and terms and conditions, empathizing and offering suitable alternatives where possible.
- Fluent English with excellent written communication, specifically the ability to write concisely and efficiently. As an example, this includes the ability to understand complex supplier policies then summarise relevant information back to the customer in writing
- Natural consultative skills, with the ability to offer confident recommendations
- Sufficient geography knowledge
- The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and constantly evolving circumstances
- A problem solver, you’ll be able to effectively analyze Card Member issues, digging deeper using resources, policies and standards available, and apply your knowledge to offer the best solutions where needed.
- A mathematical mind with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Confident computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily as well as communicating with multiple customers at any time.
- Excellent time management & multi-tasking skills including comfort chatting with up to 2 customers at a time.
- High level of integrity to work with customer information and treat it sensitively
- Ability to collaborate in person with all levels of leadership
- Ability to thrive in a metric driven and team-based environment, with a healthy competitiveness to meet and exceed goals
- The flexibility to work shifts on a rotation through 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support Australian & New Zealand Card Members
Work at Home Requirements:
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable or fiber optic services.
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
Work at Home is only temporary and as soon as it is safe, you will be asked to report to the office site in Bonifacio Global City.
Why American Express?
- Attractive base pay
- Competitive performance-based bonus
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Free HMO coverage from day 1 for the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement Fund
- Career development including training and career growth
- Generous maternity/paternity paid leave
- Private mother’s room*
- On-site gym*
- Yoga/Dance studio*
- Rest & Relaxation rooms (game room, library, karaoke, movie, and lounge)*
- On-site clinic*
*Facilities available once the office is re-opened
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2021, 11:20:40 PM